Food Business Plan
FTC International Consulting can help you with many aspects of planning for a food manufacturing business.
To start with, you will need to write a Business Plan. Business plans are used a template for planning your business, and can assist with obtaining funding through investments or loans from banks or private lenders.
Your Food Business Plan should include:
1. Company Vision and Mission Statements
2. SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunitie, Threats)
3. Analysis of Start-up Costs
4. Market Analysis
a. Sources of Revenue
b. Competition Analysis
c. Market Advantages
d. Barriers to Entry
5. Regulatory requirements – what regulatory bodies will oversee your business, what licenses will you require, what regulations apply to your labelling and packaging
6. Cash Flow Projections
7. Assets & debts
8. Financial Planning
b. Fixed Expenses
c. Variable Expenses
e. Cost of Goods Sold (COGS)
f. Projected Income & Net Worth
9. Human Resource Planning
10. Throughput Analysis – how much product can you produce on a given day / week?
11. Risk Assessment & Mitigation
12. Other considerations:
a. Equipment requirements
b. Packaging requirements
c. Food Safety planning (Preventative Control Plan / HACCP Plan)
d. Sanitation & Pest Control
13. Disaster / Pandemic Recovery
FTC International Consulting is one of the approved consultants under the BC Agri-Business Planning Program, which provides funding for new food businesses.
More information is available here:
We would be happy to assist you in helping you write all aspects of your Business Plan. Give us a call today or email us.